Topic: PDB Explorer - new record set

I think I have been magically transported back to the days of CPM and 8086 processors.  I downloaded/installed a copy of this application, and started it, yesterday afternoon, intending to open a PDB file (2,900 Kb).  It is now today, 24 hours later, and it is still not finished opening the file.   It continues to say it is "checking fields" and the scroll bar across the bottom is about 80% done.  Perhaps the longest time ever recorded to open a file, and guess what, just as I type this, it now says it is an invalid file format.  That was my second try at opening this file with an editor.  In case anyone is interested, the first time I tried was with an application called PDB Editor.  Unfortunately, when I unzipped it there does not seem to be an EXE included, so I have no idea how to start it.  My hunt for a PDB file editor continues.

Re: PDB Explorer - new record set

PDB Explorer is an advanced tool for debugging native code when source is not available. PDB Explorer lets one browse and search for symbols in modules that comprise executable code, whether or not the code is in a running process. If in a process, PDB Explorer can direct the Visual Studio debugger to jump to locations of symbols in virtual memory.
Regards,
Rachel Gomez