Topic: hide.me VPN version is wrong detected and wrong in the database

1. My hide.me VPN is from software informer detect as version 1.0 but i have the newest version 1.0.7 installed.
https://hide.me/en/software/windows

the right search path for the version is: C:\Program Files\hide.me VPN\Hide.me.exe
and

2. the newest version is 1.0.7 not 1.07

https://hide.me/en/software/windows

Re: hide.me VPN version is wrong detected and wrong in the database

Failure to connect is the most common issue among VPN users. The problem can occur due to various reasons, ranging from your device to the VPN provider or their app.

1.1 Recheck your Account Status/Log in Details
Don’t dismiss the simplest mistakes, like inputting wrong details when logging in to your VPN client. It could be that you entered an incorrect username or password, or your VPN account is not active. Most VPN clients allow you to log in with an inactive account, but you won’t be able to connect to a server.

If you find yourself in this situation, then try re-entering your username and password more carefully and if it doesn’t still work; proceed to reset your password, by following the on-screen instructions. Otherwise, you need to renew your account.

1.2 Check your Firewall
If you are running a firewall, you need to check if it’s interfering with your VPN connection. A firewall scans your incoming and outgoing traffic, and if it sees anything weird, it can prevent transmission. To see if your firewall has anything to do with your connection issues, temporarily disable it and try reconnecting.

If it’s the problem, you’ll need to open some outgoing ports, which could change depending on the Firewall and the VPN software. You can also check your VPN’s documentation as most providers recommend their preferred ports for connection.

1.3 Confirm that both your device and the VPN server are online
You need to make sure that you can connect to the internet without the VPN, and that the server you are trying to connect to is online. You can do this by first disconnecting from your VPN, then try accessing a web page on your device’s browser. If it still does not respond, try rebooting your router – the problem could be with your ISP.

You could also look up your VPN’s official website by logging in, then try connecting to the target server to confirm if it is online. Occasionally, a VPN server could be down, due to scheduled/emergency maintenance. If the specific server is offline, connect to another server or wait a while for the specific server to come back online.

1.4 Try the VPN from a different network
If your VPN client isn’t connecting, it could also be an issue with your VPN provider. In this case, try connecting your device to a different network, like the nearest public Wi-Fi – be it in an institution, restaurant or a friend’s hotspot.

If your VPN client responds well, then the problem could be with your home internet. In this case, you can try checking your internet settings to figure out what could be keeping you from accessing the VPN network.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez