Topic: Plug-in For MusicMatch Ver 8 to play .wma

I run Win XP Pro. Since 1998, I have had a MusicMatch Program, which I use daily. I have access to almost any version. I am currently using ver 8.00.0089. I like it because it seems to be more stable and other programs do not conflict with it. I would like to play .wma files with it. When I try to play a .wma, it says, " You need to download a plug-in from MusicMatch which will allow ver 8 to play .wma files". Well, as everyone knows, THERE IS NO MUSICMATCH to download from. My only hope is that some one has the plug-in that I need. So I need a "plug-in" that will allow MusicMatch Jukebox ver 8.00 to play a .wma file.  Thank you.... GGlynnD

Re: Plug-in For MusicMatch Ver 8 to play .wma

If you are not getting any plug-in to play .wma files than better you download some other music player.

Always Smile / Good Luck

siddharth wrote:

If you are not getting any plug-in to play .wma files than better you download some other music player.

Thanks for your reply. I have other programs that will play .wma files. My quest is to see if I can manipulate MusicMatch ver 8 to play them. You see, this is a challenge for me. I feel, as though, me finding this plug-in is going to be next to impossible.                     GGlynnD

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble playing .wma files in MusicMatch Jukebox. Unfortunately, since MusicMatch Jukebox is a discontinued software and no longer available for download, it can be difficult to find a plugin that will allow it to play .wma files. However, you may be able to try the following steps to see if it resolves the issue:

Check if you have the Windows Media Player plugin installed on your computer. MusicMatch Jukebox may be able to use this plugin to play .wma files. You can check if the plugin is installed by opening MusicMatch Jukebox and going to "Options" > "Plugins" > "Windows Media" to see if it is listed.

If the plugin is not listed, you can try downloading and installing an older version of Windows Media Player that includes the plugin. You can find older versions of Windows Media Player on the Microsoft website or through third-party software archives.

Another option is to convert the .wma files to a different format that is supported by MusicMatch Jukebox, such as MP3. There are many free software programs available that can convert file formats, such as Format Factory or Any Audio Converter.

I hope these suggestions help you to play .wma files in MusicMatch Jukebox. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez