Topic: Windows 10 Won't Shut Down or Not Shutting Down
How to Fix Windows 10 Won't Shut Down or Not Shutting Down Issue?
Though shutting down a Windows system is quite an easy task and you can do with one click. But sometimes, you may face some issues while shutting down the Windows 10. You can try to press Alt and F4 to get the shutdown option. Otherwise, you can click the Windows icon or press the Windows key, to shut down your Windows 10 system.
Just in case, after repetitive attempts to shut down the system if you are still not able to shut down your PC or Laptop, you should contact the computer technical support. The team of computer experts can help you to resolve the issue. Or, you may perform some manual method to fix the Windows 10 won't shut down problem.
Follow the Given Instructions to Fix Windows 10 Not Shutting Down
Try Force Shutdown on Your Windows 10
• To begin with, you should try to force shut down on your laptop.
• Then you need to press the power button for a few seconds until you see the screen goes blank or initiate the shutdown process.
• Once you see the Windows is shutting down, you can release the button and wait for completing the shutdown.
After a while, you can restart the PC by performing the same usual procedure and access your Windows system. On the off chance, it doesn't fix the issue, contact the computer technical support.
Using Command Prompt
• Also, you can use the Command Prompt to shut down your system.
• In the search bar, search for command prompts and click on it.
• As soon as, the command prompt gets opened, you should type "shutdown /s /f /t 0" without quotation marks in the field and click Enter.
• After that, you'll see the Windows laptop would start shutting down the system.
In these ways, you can still shut down your laptop when it shows a shutdown error. Besides, if you see this error frequently and want to get rid of this problem.
Last edited by Annabell Matt (2020-07-02 10:13:57)