Topic: Opera on my MBP using 200% CPU in activity manager.

So I’m very new to the Mac world, I’ve usually owned PCs my entire life. So I’m still getting the hang of things. I’ve been using Opera for the last couple months and I really like the layout and features. Last night as I was browsing and getting ready for a new term to start I noticed that my fan was running like crazy and when I went to feel the temp right above the Touch Bar, it was extremely hot. From what I’ve been reading It sounds somewhat normal to get really warm as that’s where the heat syncs are but this seemed to be hotter then what it should be. I could probably fry an egg on it. So I looked around to see if it was normal for the MBP to run so hot, because I figured it wasn't and I’ve seen some mixed responses.
Lorem Ipsum Temp Mail 10 Minute Mail

After doing some research I found out about the activity manager, opened it up and see something labeled crashpad_handler or something of that nature, running at 150% to 200% cpu usage. So I double click and force closed it, and it caused Opera to shutdown. So it seems like it’s part of Opera, when I stop running Opera the temps also drop back down and the fans start to quiet down again.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or something similar and do we know the root cause? Also thoughts?

I’m on a 2018 MBP 15” Touch Bar, i7 - 2.2 GHz, 256GB SSD, Radeon RX 555, with 16GB DDR4 RAM.

It’s brand new just got it about a week ago.

Last edited by Vindieselwalker (2019-05-02 17:25:20)