Topic: Ismartview Pro recording problem

Hi. I'm new on this forum, and do not know if this is right place på post this.

I have downloaded Ismartview Pro to use for my Ip camera. My problem is that if I start to record my cam to store a file to my com, it stops automatic at 2 hours. Even if I setup a plan which contains a record in 8 hours, I see that the record going from the start to stop. But the file storage is at 2 hours anyway.

I don't know if any understand this. English is not my ordinary language.

Re: Ismartview Pro recording problem

There are few situations that may cause the load issue in mobile apps.

The iSmartViewPro app server may be down and that is causing the loading issue. Please try after few minutes.
Your wifi / mobile data connection not working properly. Please check your data connection.
Too many users using the app at same time. Please try after few minutes.

If you have login or account related issue, please check the following steps.

The iSmartViewPro server may be down and that is causing the login/account issue. Please try logging in after few minutes.
Your wifi / mobile data connection not working properly. Please check your data connection.

You may be trying with wrong login credentials. Please confirm the details that you are entering is correct.
If you're using third-party social networks to login such as facebook, twitter, google etc, check whether that service is working properly by visiting their official website.
Your account may be banned or deactivated for activities. Please read error messages.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez