Topic: Personal.Informer

Until today I have relied upon Personal.Informer on a daily basis for years. I have depended upon it instead of my own memory or a notebook. As of today, I can see that it was a grave error on my part. You can NOT imagine my horror, anguish, and anger when my browser opened and my Personal.Informer Start-Up Page appeared and what did I see?

A new version is coming soon

Where is all my info? How do I access my online sites when I don’t remember their names and/or addresses?

Why didn’t I receive a message from you letting me know that I would not be able to access my info thru your site any longer?

How can I feel safe to use your products again? How can I feel comfortable to recommend your products to others?

I am NOT a happy person at this moment. I have tears in my eyes from frustration and anger.  sad

Re: Personal.Informer

Thank you for your reply Gabriele smile

So there is NO way to get a copy of my items that I had stored to my Personal page?  I really need the names and web addresses.

Gabriele wrote:

Hello, Kt!

Probably they are going to update the website.

You have to wait until they end their work... sorry  sad

Hello, Kt.
Please write to our support team. Here is the email address you can send your request to: sisupport@informer.com.

Thank you Nova for the email address for support smile  I will send a message right away.

Nova Vozrak wrote:

sisupport@informer.com

I'm also frustrated by this "New version ......." message. At least they should leave a more understandable message. This is really frustrating.

I sent an email to customer support at the address you gave me 9 days ago and still have not received a reply.  I just sent a 2nd request alerting them to my disappointment and my lack of trust in the company at this point. sad

Nova Vozrak wrote:

Hello, Kt.
Please write to our support team. Here is the email address you can send your request to: sisupport@informer.com.

I found a review of several top pages and Personal.Informer was NOT one of them.  I am looking into ProtoPage.com
Here is the address for the reviews:  http://webtrends.about.com/od/personalizedstartpages/tp/Top-Personalized-Start-Pages.htm

Kt wrote:

I sent an email to customer support at the address you gave me 9 days ago and still have not received a reply.  I just sent a 2nd request alerting them to my disappointment and my lack of trust in the company at this point. sad

Nova Vozrak wrote:

Hello, Kt.

No Gabriele, I am not going to wait any longer.  The people at software.informer (Personal.Informer) have broken my trust and disrespected me.  First by giving no notice that they were taking away such a great daily item, Second by giving no options and Third by not bothering to answer my email for help or my public posts in the forum.  Nine (9) days and still no answer to an email is business suicide.

I am not going to waste any more of my time waiting on them.  I am testing two (2) other services - ProtoPage.com and Netvibes.com

It's a little early to tell right now, but I like ProtoPage.com 

I will continue to recommend any service EXCEPT Personal.Informer.

Gabriele wrote:

Please, wait.
One administrator would answer surely.

Kt wrote:

Nova Vozrak wrote:

Hello, Kt.

Hello, Kt.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The work upon the matter is still in process. Unfortunately, it takes some time. Sadly, there is also a chance that the project might have been stopped. The details upon the project are being found out.

Best regards, Nova.

Thank you Nova.  I do understand that making changes does not always go according to schedule and not everyone will be happy no matter the outcome.

What I do not understand is the lack of communication prior to disrupting what I considered a GREAT daily time saver.  Some advance notice that it was going to be taken offline would have been nice so that those of us that relied upon it could have saved the names & addresses to the links that we did not have memorized. 

I have never contacted customer support before this incident so I do not know if they usually answer in a timely manner (less than 3 days) or not.  But, I still have gotten no reply and it has been ten days.

I was trying to wait because I loved the original product, was hoping someone would answer my plea for help and find a workaround until the new product was released.  BUT, with no product and no communication, it is hard to wait.

Nova, I do sincerely want to thank you for taking time to respond.  Just knowing that you listened and took time to answer helped me immensely to work thru my negative emotions and I'm feeling much better.  smile

Nova Vozrak wrote:
Kt wrote:

Nova Vozrak wrote:

Hello, Kt.

Hello, Kt.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The work upon the matter is still in process. Unfortunately, it takes some time. Sadly, there is also a chance that the project might have been stopped. The details upon the project are being found out.

Best regards, Nova.

Kt wrote:

Thank you Nova.  I do understand that making changes does not always go according to schedule and not everyone will be happy no matter the outcome.

What I do not understand is the lack of communication prior to disrupting what I considered a GREAT daily time saver.  Some advance notice that it was going to be taken offline would have been nice so that those of us that relied upon it could have saved the names & addresses to the links that we did not have memorized. 

I have never contacted customer support before this incident so I do not know if they usually answer in a timely manner (less than 3 days) or not.  But, I still have gotten no reply and it has been ten days.

I was trying to wait because I loved the original product, was hoping someone would answer my plea for help and find a workaround until the new product was released.  BUT, with no product and no communication, it is hard to wait.

Nova, I do sincerely want to thank you for taking time to respond.  Just knowing that you listened and took time to answer helped me immensely to work thru my negative emotions and I'm feeling much better.  smile

Nova Vozrak wrote:
Kt wrote:

Hello, Kt.

Best regards, Nova.

Kt, it is very pleasant to read such sencere words. Thank you for being a user of this project.

Great to hear that the post helped you even a little bit.

Concerning the matter, sadly, the project turned out ot be closed. At the moment the possibility of backing up your data is being clarified.

Best regards, Nova.

Oh Nova, that gives me a little bit of hope smile

To give you a little bit of info about myself:  I am now retired/disabled, but at one time, I was the IT (Computer Person) for the Dept of Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina.  I was also a Bookkeeper/Secretary.  I shoot billiards (both 8-ball & 9-ball) for the APA (American Pool Association).  I was a Nanny to a set of Triplets and their Baby Sister.  I am the Owner/Administrator of a Singles Group for Truck Drivers on Facebook.

The one thing that I have learned from watching & participating with all the people that I have come in contact with - communication is the key and at the end of a session if everyone feels like they were heard it was a success.  I have found that a defensive person can not listen. 

I am no different than other people.  I have patience to a point.  I do try to put myself into the shoes of others and I know that things take time.  If I am wrong I will admit it and apologize.  That being said - if I upset anyone with any of my posts, then I am sorry.  It was not my intention to direct any of my comments to any one individual personally. 

On a positive note - for those of us that relied upon Personal.Informer - if we did NOT clear out the history in our browsers then there may be a possibility to retrieve some of our most used links.

smile  Have a great day smile
Kt

Nova Vozrak wrote:
Kt wrote:

Nova Vozrak wrote:

Hello, Kt.

Best regards, Nova.

Kt, it is very pleasant to read such sencere words. Thank you for being a user of this project.

Great to hear that the post helped you even a little bit.

Concerning the matter, sadly, the project turned out ot be closed. At the moment the possibility of backing up your data is being clarified.

Best regards, Nova.

You can access the old version of personal informer here: http://personal.informer.com:8000/ . Hope this will solve the situation with data.

Oh HAPPY Day   smile   big_smile   

Thank you Nova.  Please let the Personal.Informer Team know that I really appreciate their efforts to give us a way to "roll back".  You can bet your bottom dollar that I will have the names and links written down from now on in case of an emergency.

I hope you all have a GREAT day!!!

Nova Vozrak wrote:

You can access the old version of personal informer here: http://personal.informer.com:8000/ . Hope this will solve the situation with data.