Topic: Google fixes Chrome holes

Just before the Black Hat security conference begins, Google has patched seven secuity holes in its stable version of Chrome and begun an effort to speed up the software industry's response to such vulnerabilities.

Google paid two $1,337 bounties for work that let Chrome avoid critical security problems by sidestepping vulnerabilities in Windows and the widely used glibc software library, according to a Monday blog post about Chrome 5.0.375.125 by Jason Kersey of Google's Chrome team.

Also through its program to reward those who find Chrome security holes, Google paid those who found three high-risk vulnerabilities and one medium-risk vulnerability. The final issue, a low-risk problem, elicited no payment.

For more on this story, see Google fixes Chrome holes, seeks security reform on CNET News.

Re: Google fixes Chrome holes

bruh i found google crome to be awsome, but then my cookie settings or something prevented me from doing anything sad  sad

Hi there - I design education courses in Moodle and have to test my work on all Browsers to see how it functions. Chrome is actually too smart for my system: Moodle fails to recognise it in some respects. For instance, it will not provide access to the HTML Editor. However, I have been introduced to COOLIRIS through Chrome; and embed its "wall of images" as a Resource in every Course.

I had installed Software Informer a few weeks ago but I got mixed up with all the work that I had to do and I forgot about it. I updated my favorite software updater recently, SuMo, but I was a little bit disappointed with how it worked lately, giving many “false alarms” and taking me every time to a web page that is filled with ads. So I remembered that I wanted to try Software Informer, and I finally did. The first good thing is that it found the same number of installed programs as SuMo, 92. The surprise was that it found more updates, 38, 7 more than SuMo did.

Google Chrome ist the best!

I'm glad to hear that news. Google Chrome is my favorite browser too despite its loopholes. I still prefer it as compared to the other browsers because of its speed and ease of use.I just hope that they get to fix all the bugs soon. :0

rhadu wrote:

Google Chrome is the best!

Totally agree with you.

Last edited by Crusal Peter (2011-03-02 01:00:22)

I have it but like Safari's ease of use.

Yes as said Google chrome is considered to be the best

chrome is getting better , in this case it s easy to write css files .But ie is a nightmare  smile

Last edited by yeli design (2013-04-11 02:21:29)