Topic: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

This is a hijacking of the worst kind , every time I search for something software related You lot pop your ugly heads up.
I Do Not want you on my web page search , I don't want you in hidden in my registry .
Given I am no fool please don't tell me you are not hijack ware, cause you are.
So I want a removal tool to completely  remove all trace of " Software Informer form my machine.
Remember fellow internet-ters  : sheep R dangerous. So speak up!!!
If you don't believe me search this:
"Software Informer removal tool", Or this " How do you remove Software informer"
All you get is this Hijack-Ware promoting  itself, though Google search pages, instead of the links  I need to get rid of this Hijack-Ware software form from my machine.

Have a nice day ...

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

SI client exchanges data with the server in XML format. SI client does not download and send any personal information (including IP addresses, e-mail addresses, etc) from your computer to http://software.informer.com/ or anywhere else. It is by no means a spyware or adware. It does not change your settings.

The information collected by SI client includes:

    * the name and the version number of the operating system running on the PC;
    * a list of programs installed on the user´s PC together with their version numbers and developers´ names;
    * program icons;
    * lists of file extensions associated with programs installed on the user´s PC. These lists are to be used in our upcoming project named "Extension Informer".

The collected data is used to draw up the statistics (the number of programs on the site, program information, the number of registered users, the number of comments and questions on the site, program rating).
Data other than the abovementioned is not collected. (Privacy Policy)

You can remove SI client from your computer easily. Just go to Windows Control Panel -> Add&Remove program -> search Software Informer in the list and remove it.
Or go to Windows Start button -> Programs -> Software Informer -> Uninstall Software Informer.

Good luck!

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

SI client.. does not exist,on my hard-drive. A removal tool is essential so Google search page can be left to their default setting. I  have been searching for a Software Informer Removal tool, as you well know, the only pages I get are those of Software Informer, know matter what link I click.Your page of Software Informer come blazing though.
What is!,the term for that.That people use to describe a program that take over  the functionality of a program like the Google Search Engine (results). Not interested in a discussion  I know what it is I am seeing.
So post a link for the Software Informer Removal tool.

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

This is the way Google engine searches, we can not control this process. The search results depend on the information you search, for example, if you search "Microsoft" in Google there will be no links to our software.informer.com site.

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

sutex wrote:

SI client.. does not exist,on my hard-drive. A removal tool is essential so Google search page can be left to their default setting. I  have been searching for a Software Informer Removal tool, as you well know, the only pages I get are those of Software Informer, know matter what link I click.Your page of Software Informer come blazing though.
What is!,the term for that.That people use to describe a program that take over  the functionality of a program like the Google Search Engine (results). Not interested in a discussion  I know what it is I am seeing.
So post a link for the Software Informer Removal tool.

Sutex, Google Search is not a program, it is a website interface to a search engine...  the reason you see so many software.informer.com search results is because SI marketers/SEOs are very good at their job of getting themselves ranked highly in google, regardless of whether those pages are useful to you or not.

If you wish to have the ability to filter out spammy sites and fake results from your google searches, I suggest you use this very fine web browser:

www.firefox.com

and augment it with this simple but useful add-on, called OptimizeGoogle:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/52498/

which will add a 'Filter' link beside each search result.  Now, if you were getting spam results from www.fakewebsite.com, you would click Filter on one of those results, then delete everything except "fakewebsite.com", then add * to the start and end, so that it will match something like "www.fakewebsite.com" as well as "info.fakewebsite.com" or "fakewebsite.com/omg-buy-this-crap/spam.html", and so on...

Hope that helps someone... wink
- Gliktch

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

Thanks for that - Gliktch, it is the first post that seems to be a real solution, But I found another. A search engine that search a few other search engines, like bing and google.  Remmmber DogPile well it's better.
The best part is, NO Software Informer pages are in the results!!. WOW . I have not use Google search pages in ages, I won't now, no need.
I would like to tell you, the name of this wonderfull search engines, but I don't want Software informer to know. shh
So look for other search engines. I do use Firefox. So there it is:)!

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

sutex wrote:

This is a hijacking of the worst kind , every time I search for something software related You lot pop your ugly heads up.
I Do Not want you on my web page search , I don't want you in hidden in my registry .
Given I am no fool please don't tell me you are not hijack ware, cause you are.
So I want a removal tool to completely  remove all trace of " Software Informer form my machine.
Remember fellow internet-ters  : sheep R dangerous. So speak up!!!
If you don't believe me search this:
"Software Informer removal tool", Or this " How do you remove Software informer"
All you get is this Hijack-Ware promoting  itself, though Google search pages, instead of the links  I need to get rid of this Hijack-Ware software form from my machine.

Have a nice day ...

----------------

Hey there Sutex: did you ever get results as to why SI is a bunk programme? I'm uninstalling programmes to acquire more room & noticed I have SI & (stupidly) forgot when & why I down-loaded, or even thought, "Now, DID I download it, or does it come w/ MS Windows or is it an affiliation of MSWindows; is it's what's been slowing/mucking-about w/ my PC down a tad?" n stuff--that kinda deal...sheesh! (I'm using MSWindows 7...gonna upgrade to 8 soon--like you give a rat's arse anyhow! HA!) wink.  ANYWAY!  If you've the time, think ya could you give me some EZadvice aside what you've already posted here, please w/ sugar, if you've fount out anything?  (i.e., what the fekk is SI? ...I kinda know, but dummy me, I forgot how & when & why it's on my PC).  Maybe you could toss me the skinny on SI.  Sorry to prattle & ramble on! 

Thanks for any groovy insight you can offer, Sutex!
~Djinn 
ps: stoneflix@peak.org (now I'm gonna get SPAMMED by SI forum loiterers!) HA! I don't give another rat's arse! wink  Thanks & take care Sutex! (where'dja come up w/ that pseudonym anyhow???)

Re: How Do you get rid of Software Infomer from google search page.

Caramelka wrote:

SI client exchanges data with the server in XML format. SI client does not download and send any personal information (including IP addresses, e-mail addresses, etc) from your computer to http://software.informer.com/ or anywhere else. It is by no means a spyware or adware. It does not change your settings.

The information collected by SI client includes:

    * the name and the version number of the operating system running on the PC;
    * a list of programs installed on the user´s PC together with their version numbers and developers´ names;
    * program icons;
    * lists of file extensions associated with programs installed on the user´s PC. These lists are to be used in our upcoming project named "Extension Informer".

The collected data is used to draw up the statistics (the number of programs on the site, program information, the number of registered users, the number of comments and questions on the site, program rating).
Data other than the abovementioned is not collected. (Privacy Policy)

You can remove SI client from your computer easily. Just go to Windows Control Panel -> Add&Remove program -> search Software Informer in the list and remove it.
Or go to Windows Start button -> Programs -> Software Informer -> Uninstall Software Informer.

Good luck!