Topic: How to disable a particular app update notification?

I'm using SI version 1.5.1321.  Is there any way to disable the update notification for a specific app in the SI client?  I seem to remember having that ability in the earlier version.  By "disable", I mean simply NOT showing up in the client list window at the top when it does it's query for updates.

Re: How to disable a particular app update notification?

Dear User,

The new version of the client lacks this functionality, but you can hide the offered update by clicking on the cross in the upper right corner of the notification. Please see the screenshot:
https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AABmBkP57Fu77Rbi6t5g3i2JaP7IkYSzTNepf3_tAC8neQ/12/600489588/jpeg/256x256/1/_/1/2/New%20Si%20Client%20Question.jpg/EK2SguwEGAIgAigC/z4xnNYiwp9i4gPlteuS4t9gw8zgx6HAsjKRjCqRjl9A?size_mode=3&size=2048x1536

Diablo wrote:

I'm using SI version 1.5.1321.  Is there any way to disable the update notification for a specific app in the SI client?  I seem to remember having that ability in the earlier version.  By "disable", I mean simply NOT showing up in the client list window at the top when it does it's query for updates.

3 (edited by Diablo 2016-09-03 00:11:55)

I can't exactly see the pic (403 error) but I do know the cross you're referring to.  I want to say that I used to use that cross and it was working.  But, lately, there is an app (Focus Booster) that I can't seem to get to stop bugging me.  After hitting the X, the next day it is right back in the update list after the nightly scan.  This has been going on for a couple weeks now.  In fact, if I click the X's and then run the scan, it immediately shows up.

Diablo wrote:

I can't exactly see the pic (403 error) but I do know the cross you're referring to.  I want to say that I used to use that cross and it was working.  But, lately, there is an app (Focus Booster) that I can't seem to get to stop bugging me.  After hitting the X, the next day it is right back in the update list after the nightly scan.  This has been going on for a couple weeks now.  In fact, if I click the X's and then run the scan, it immediately shows up.

Dear Diablo,

Please try going to your profile page: choose Updates from the left-side list, then find the program and go to Settings below the title and short update description. In the opened menu choose Hide this program.
https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAW3n_63qzHguqzOXPDQ-xULWuLimBlfamF6PthU9gxWQ/12/600489588/png/32x32/1/_/1/2/Notification_removal_instructions.png/EK2SguwEGAMgAigC/Ck4wsGJ2k4l3R2pthy_0OVafVtU1-oDY9qwZTBprT6g?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

Now that worked!  Thanks so much for your help!  smile  smile