Topic: MemcacheD Manager does not work

I have been trying for days to get MemcacheD Manager to work under Windows 7.  It appears to install just fine but when I try to run it I get "MemcacheD Manager has stopped working - searching for solution... and that's all she wrote.

What is wrong?   Any Ideas?   Does it in fact work?

I could really use this to try and diagnose issues I am having with Memcached 1.4.4.  It refuses to store large objects.   I have used the -I flag to set the object max size up to 3 mb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Graham

Re: MemcacheD Manager does not work

Allocated IP range is exhausted
Memorystore for Memcached requires that you use a private services access connection and an associated IP address range for that connection. It is possible to exhaust the IP addresses available in that range with Memcached instances and other Google Cloud resources.

If the IP addresses are exhausted, creating an instance returns the following error message:

ERROR: (gcloud.memcache.instances.create) { "code": 9, "message": "Unable to create instance. The allocated private IP address space is exhausted.}

You can resolve this issue by allocating additional IP addresses. For more information on how to do this, see IP address range exhaustion.

You do not have a private services access connection established for your network
If you attempt to create a Memorystore for Memcached instance without a private services access connection established for your project's network, the creation will fail with the following error:

Google private service access is not enabled. Enable private service access and try again

In order to successfully create an instance, follow the private services access setup instructions at Establishing a private services access connection.

The network peering for private services access is deleted
Establishing a private services access connection creates a network peering connection called servicenetworking-googleapis-com, which appears in your project's VPC Network Peering page.

Deleting this network peering may cause you to receive the following errors:

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
Unable to create instance. Enable private service access for the authorized network and try again.

To resolve this issue, follow the last step of the gcloud instructions at Establishing a private services access connection.

Firewall rules block your instance IP addresses
Connectivity issues can arise if you create firewall rules that block IP addresses from the allocated IP range associated with your private services access connection.

Make sure not to create network firewall rules that block the IP range of your Memcached instances.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez