Topic: Client Hangs & CPU Hangs

when the client starts, it gets stuck at around 25% while searching for updates.  also, the CPU usage by the client is around 25% and just hangs there.  i have been just terminating the process; i'd like to know why it's doing this and what i can do to actually have the client work & function like it should, as i find it very useful when it IS working.
--Thanks

Re: Client Hangs & CPU Hangs

Hi Tom,
there's not much more i can say about what is happening other than what i wrote in my OP.  but if system info might help you, this is what i have:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i5 2320 @ 3.00GHz
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0GDG8Y (CPU 1)
Graphics
    DELL ST2220L (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6450 (Unknown)

didn't really think HDD and audio info was all that important, but if there's something else that may help, let me know.
--Thanks

3 (edited by Tobias 2016-12-04 00:46:53)

Same problem here. Windows 10 64bit Pro... One Desktop that got an upgrade from Windows 7 works like a charm. The Laptop with Windows 10 64bit Pro just stalls... Lots of CPU load. All TCP connections time-out... In fact the xml files and cache under AppData\Roaming\Software Informer does not seem to properly initialize.
The working machine immediately fills the cache folder.. Nothing happens on the non-working one. Tried everything. Uninstall, Reinstall, Clean Registry e.t.c. Even copying the Roaming Data from PC to Laptop did not help. Nothing obviously wrong with the Dependency Walker either. This drives me nuts, but i have already wasted a full day previous spare-time on this, so I give up and install PSI as an alternative for the moment.
I wonder how many people face this issue.
It's really odd that it works with the old Desktop which has lots of "history" and the brand new fresh from the shop machine fails... Some dodgy unfulfilled dependency in the rats-nest of DLLs or some new default network firewall proxy permission setting?! ANNOYING.
Disabling windows firewall didn't help either btw.

P.S.: Oh i just realized this thread was started over 2years ago... Ah well i guess nobody is interested anymore, but the problem is still there and you get it on a brand new Windows 10 Laptop as well..  Share & Enjoy!

Tobias wrote:

Same problem here. Windows 10 64bit Pro... One Desktop that got an upgrade from Windows 7 works like a charm. The Laptop with Windows 10 64bit Pro just stalls... Lots of CPU load. All TCP connections time-out... In fact the xml files and cache under AppData\Roaming\Software Informer does not seem to properly initialize.
The working machine immediately fills the cache folder.. Nothing happens on the non-working one. Tried everything. Uninstall, Reinstall, Clean Registry e.t.c. Even copying the Roaming Data from PC to Laptop did not help. Nothing obviously wrong with the Dependency Walker either. This drives me nuts, but i have already wasted a full day previous spare-time on this, so I give up and install PSI as an alternative for the moment.
I wonder how many people face this issue.
It's really odd that it works with the old Desktop which has lots of "history" and the brand new fresh from the shop machine fails... Some dodgy unfulfilled dependency in the rats-nest of DLLs or some new default network firewall proxy permission setting?! ANNOYING.
Disabling windows firewall didn't help either btw.

P.S.: Oh i just realized this thread was started over 2years ago... Ah well i guess nobody is interested anymore, but the problem is still there and you get it on a brand new Windows 10 Laptop as well..  Share & Enjoy!

Dear Tobias,

Sadly, the described error didn't reappear on our testing machines. Still, Software Client is being supported and we will continue to look for the solution for this error.

Well if you get me a debug build with some more error logging from your dev-team, i am willing to test it.

Bests,
Tobias

Tobias wrote:

Well if you get me a debug build with some more error logging from your dev-team, i am willing to test it.

Bests,
Tobias

Dear Tobias,

We need a bit more detailed info from your side.

Here is the instruction to follow:

1) Install Process Explorer (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx)
2) Open the program
3) Go to Properties
4) Open the Threads tab
5) Check the info in the TID column.
6) Write down the number of the thread (or numbers of the threads) that use CPU

Please see the screenshot:
http://screencast.com/t/d2OzZQWU9

Also we need the Dump of the process from the Process Manager.
To create it, please do the following:
1) Open the Process Manger
2) Find the Software Informer process
3) Open Right Mouse Button menu
4) Choose Create Dump file
5) When it is created, you will get informed where it has been saved to.

Please see the screenshot:
https://yadi.sk/i/gQ7rD62x32hJih

Please send the Dump file and the Thread numbers to sisupport@informer.com.

Just for completeness also in the forum:
As reported on 13th December via E-Mail; The testversion i got from Nova, after having sent the requested dump beforehand, is working fine for me now. (v 1.5.1323.0).

Bests & Happy new year,
Tobias