Topic: Stuck on “Initializing Mac Informer . . . this may take a while.”

I am not sure if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it by searching this forum or Google.

The Mac Informer installation on my Mac just recently got hosed.  For some reason the application was stuck on “Initializing Mac Informer . . . this may take a while.”.  Rebooting didn't help.  I even used AppDelete to remove Mac Informer, and I reinstalled Mac Informer.  This did not fix the problem.  Again, Mac Informer always got stuck on “Initializing Mac Informer . . . this may take a while.”.  Again, rebooting didn't help.

In order to finally fix the problem I used AppDelete to remove Mac Informer, IMMEDIATELY REBOOTED, and then reinstalled Mac Informer.

I am not exactly sure how I fixed the problem, but I highlighted the part above (in UPPER CASE) that seems to be the reason why my first attempt to remove and re-install Mac Informer wasn't successful.  I just submitted this information using the Feedback and Support link, along with some additional information to help troubleshoot the problem.  I am not including the additional information in this post because it contains personal information.

I am not requesting any reply and/or support.  I just wanted to give this error some exposure (searchable via this forum or Google).  Especially if folks on here could better explain why I ran into the issue in the first place and/or better explain how to correct the issue.  My solution isn't very elegant, and it created a new computer under my Informer account (probably due to the new installation).

Re: Stuck on “Initializing Mac Informer . . . this may take a while.”

Hello, kc6108!

Thank you for the post, I will pass your message to our coders, see if they know of a solution.

UPD:
The coder has a strong belief that the problem was caused by your Internet connection.
The message “Initializing Mac Informer . . . this may take a while.” may get stuck on the screen if the client cannot connect to our database/your profile in our system.

Please, feel free to report us any other issues, and thank you for cooperation!
----------------------------
Best regards,
                      Tom

Last edited by Tom (2014-01-21 06:20:27)