Topic: Driver Robot

I was prompted to download a software update for HP Deskjet F4180.  Once I download the FREE Driver Robot I found it was not free and tried to uninstall.  It has installed itself on my desktop and I can not remove!!!!  When I try it will not respond.  WARNING A GIMMICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

Re: Driver Robot

Paula Lowrance wrote:

I was prompted to download a software update for HP Deskjet F4180.  Once I download the FREE Driver Robot I found it was not free and tried to uninstall.  It has installed itself on my desktop and I can not remove!!!!  When I try it will not respond.  WARNING A GIMMICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

Paula, could you post information for me on this "driver robot"? Who made it, where you downloaded it from, etc. Post here in a reply. The more information you can provide, the better. I take pleasure in finding and obliterating Malware! It's a twisted hobby! Are you running current Anti-virus and Anti-spyware? This "robot" sounds like it could be eradicated by running a FULL sweep of your system using your choice of security software.

Also, there's always a way to uninstall every application. Have you tried pulling the plug on the program using a super process controller? You can get a free one (Process Controller 3.0, K-23 Productions) from Softpedia.com. Then you can use an application like Revo Uninstaller (free download from Cnet) to remove the program. If that still doesn't work, there are other ways to rid your system of this infection. Let me know.

I'm not the person who posted this original message, however, I too have downloaded Driver Robot and it doesn't open and it does nothing and I can't uninstall it. I tried and got a popup that said Runtime Error (at 20:102): Could not call proc. I tried the program uninstall and my own Vista add and remove programs. Driver Robot is a product of Blitware Technology Inc. I downloaded it while trying to solve a software issue between my HP printer and Vista. Now I can't get rid of it and the program doesn't work, nothing opens when I click the icon. Can you help?

Sheryl

These are many problems that exist in some of the old versions of Driver Robot that have been fixed since (you can update for free at Driver Robot's download page). As for uninstalling, you need to close Driver Robot from the system tray (right section of the task bar), and find Driver Robot in your start menu. Under "Driver Robot" will be two shortcuts, one to the program and one to uninstall.

If you have purchased Driver Robot, you can contact us any time with any problems you're having with the software (you can find us at the link posted by Caramelka), and we'll get back to you with a solution or answer ASAP.

DONT BUY THIS PIECE OF S$@!. anyone who says differently is part of the company. I downloaded it and payed for the subscription even; all it downloads is old drivers that my computer doesnt even use.

ask Driver Robot's support team, Sometimes there are software conflicts and the problem is not in software itself

I second John Meyer
I am another victim of their "Free" version. the uninstall shortcut that this guy has mentioned doesnt work coz uninstall.dat doesnt come with this installation= you cant uninstall this crap.
Moreover It should be added into malware/adware definitions of anti viruses. should be considered as a harmful thing to your PC (PC=personal computer whereas this malware doesnt respect your privacy and becomes a pain in the arse)

Blitware FAQ: How do I uninstall Driver Robot?
To uninstall Driver Robot, first make sure Driver Robot is not running. Look for the Robot icon in the system tray, in bottom-right of your screen, near the clock. Right-click on this and choose "Exit".

Then, just go under the "Driver Robot" folder in the Start Menu. There should be a shortcut called "Uninstall", which will remove Driver Robot from your system.

If this doesn't work, take the following steps:

Open "My Computer"

Go to the following directory:

On 32-bit Windows: c:\Program Files\Driver Robot

On 64-bit Windows: c:\Program Files (x86)\Driver Robot

Run Uninstall.exe

Driver Robot should now be removed from your computer
big_smile

Thunderloader wrote:
Paula Lowrance wrote:

I was prompted to download a software update for HP Deskjet

F4180.  Once I download the FREE Driver Robot I found it was not free and tried to uninstall.  It has installed itself on my desktop and I can not remove!!!!  When I try it will not respond.  WARNING A GIMMICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

Paula, could you post information for me on this "driver robot"? Who made it, where you downloaded it from, etc. Post here in a reply. The more information you can provide, the better. I take pleasure in finding and obliterating Malware! It's a twisted hobby! Are you running current Anti-virus and Anti-spyware? This "robot" sounds like it could be eradicated by running a FULL sweep of your system using your choice of security software.

Also, there's always a way to uninstall every application. Have you tried pulling the plug on the program using a super process controller? You can get a free one (Process Controller 3.0, K-23 Productions) from Softpedia.com. Then you can use an application like Revo Uninstaller (free download from Cnet) to remove the program. If that still doesn't work, there are other ways to rid your system of this infection. Let me know.

Want to thank you for this.  I downloaded some blitware stuff, but (thankfully) was too strapped for cash to pay -also I felt I had been conned as it had advrtised FREE downloads to help my Advent with Windows Vista be compatible with the Dell printer, then asked for money...but I was still stuck with bits of the programme until  read your tips, and it now seems to be gone at last. The UNINSTALL didn't work, but going to the C drive did it.  My laptop has been acting up since about the time I downloaded this, and i really think it may have been responsible.  Thanks anyway.

Patrick wrote:

Blitware FAQ: How do I uninstall Driver Robot?
To uninstall Driver Robot, first make sure Driver Robot is not running. Look for the Robot icon in the system tray, in bottom-right of your screen, near the clock. Right-click on this and choose "Exit".

Then, just go under the "Driver Robot" folder in the Start Menu. There should be a shortcut called "Uninstall", which will remove Driver Robot from your system.

If this doesn't work, take the following steps:

Open "My Computer"

Go to the following directory:

On 32-bit Windows: c:\Program Files\Driver Robot

On 64-bit Windows: c:\Program Files (x86)\Driver Robot

Run Uninstall.exe

Driver Robot should now be removed from your computer
big_smile

Thunderloader wrote:
Paula Lowrance wrote:

I was prompted to download a software update for HP Deskjet

F4180.  Once I download the FREE Driver Robot I found it was not free and tried to uninstall.  It has installed itself on my desktop and I can not remove!!!!  When I try it will not respond.  WARNING A GIMMICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

I find it appalling how the program wants you to pay for it so it can download your computer drivers FREE if you knew where to get them. Absolutely speechless, and appalled. I'm appalled with most of these driver programs.

MyNameIsSecret wrote:

*Fixing mistake: Just before FREE, I meant: although it's FREE ...